Thursday, October 7, 2010

More Terrariums

Well, I'm definitely on a terrarium kick.  Partly I just love how they look, their own little eco system in a little glass world;  but partly I love the fact that they require very little watering and upkeep.  


This little guy is an air plant of the Tillandsia recurvifolia variety.  They are epiphyte's and don't require any soil.  They do have really pretty blossoms as well.  All that's needed is a little layer of activated charcoal and some spagnum moss.  Some filtered sunlight and the humidity of the jar will do the rest.  




Finally, a found a tiny, tiny African violet.  I put some corsican tiny mint ground cover in with it.  The jars were sitting unused in the garage.  Since I already had the rest of the supplies it only took about 15 minutes to make both of these...my favorite kind of project!  

No comments:

Post a Comment